<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.18.2004

Annoying people at work this week:

1) Old & Decrepit Nick - he had to be driven home on Friday because he was either drunk, sick or old and demented. He was waiting for me inside the restaurant at nine in the morning to get his keys back. Then he asked for a beer. I sent the old fuck home.

2) The old lady who hid the broken santa came back in. This week her kid took twenty dollars off of a table. Then he hit me in the butt.

3) Some stupid rednecks came in when we were extremely busy. They got all bitchy and called me snippy and made the waitress cry. I shouldn't say rednecks, they are people with necks of colour.

Last week I had the worst diarrhea of my life, at least since that time on the train in Uzbekistan where I threw my underwear out the window into the desert. I actually had droppage onto my bathroom floor. I seriously lost seven pound over the weekend. I was scared I would shit all over my wife in bed, she's a nurse and used to that sort of stuff, but she shouldn't have to deal with it at home.

Book Review: Hermann Bausinger: Folk Culture in a World of Technology. - I read this for my dissertation, and was it dry and german and redundant. The introduction by Dan Ben-Amos was better than the book itself. I like Bausinger's ideas, and they are central to my diss (rough draft finished this week!), but damn is he boring.

Paraphrase from the Atlantic monthly article on President Bush's preparation for his vendetta against Saddam Hussein: "The president has already spent an hour on humanitarian issues." Nuff said.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?