<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.29.2004

My friend Chris Hackett is in the hospital with a wired jaw. He was working on a confetti gun when something blew up. The New York City antiterrorism unit showed up - turns out he had a bunch of illegal gunpowder (for his performance art as a member of the Madagascar Institute art collective). He's in the hospital now and facing charges.

Hack! is a friend from my childhood who lives the life you wish you led. He is an artist who blows things up, builds neat contraptions, and has fun happenings.

He is facing mounting medical and legal bills, donate money at http://www.madagascarinstitute.com/ to help him with these challenges.

Story about Chris Hackett's thirteenth birthday: He had a hunting party for his birthday. I showed up in full cammo, a Rambo knife, and about forty sharpened sticks stuck in my belt. I had issues. Someone brought a slinshot, someone else a bb gun, and Chris had a bow and arrow. We went out hunting. We shot frogs down at the industrial waste pond down the street from Chris's house, and then stuck firecrackers up their arses to see how high they would jump. (Again, we had issues). Then we shot a dove off of a highwire, skinned it and cooked it up over a fire. ( I had the foresight to bring my boy scout cooking set). Hack and I, I believe, are the only ones to the dove. Later that night I vomited, but that might have been from the Arthur Treacher's I had after the party. Later on we saw that Hackett's neighbors the Antonucci's were getting their septic tank cleaned. So we started shooting (bows, slingshots, bbs) at the Septic Tank Truck. I believe that Mr. Antonucci was out in the yard at the time, and he heard the shots going over his head and into his siding. He wasn't pleased. He chased us around the yard yelling that he would kill us all. Mr. Hackett suggested that someone go over and apologize. They elected me as the representative. I brought Andrew Tumolo along with me. "I'm sorry we were shooting at the woods, Mr. Antonucci." "I saw an arrow go over me head! I'll break both your legs." "No, really, we were just shooting at squirrels in the woods." "I'll break your legs! You were shooting at me!" Andrew fell to the ground laughing, which did not help. The rest of the party we just played with Chris's commodore 64.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?