<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.04.2004

Okay, I admit it. I married Britney Spears. I'd do it again.

Had a severe fever this week, and my beautiful daughter had a bad case of the throwups this morning. We are a sickly nation.

QUEST FOR PIZZA: This week's quest for pizza brings us to Sylvia's on the downtown mall. We had four slices between the three of us: Thai Chicken, Shrimp Scampi, Cheese and Spinach. The crust was heavenly. The caramelized onions on the scampi was too much for my pallette, though. All they need to do is carry the Black Bean, Avacado and Feta pizza they have on their Corner restaurant and I will be there every day.

BOOK REVIEWS:

1) Stupid White Men - Michael Moore. I should have read this last year. God, I hate the president. Moore is a loudmouthed jerk, and that's what makes him marvelous.

2) Lies: And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them - Al Franken. I just had to read this after reading Moore's book. (Besides it *was* on my Amazon wishlist, from which I received NOTHING this Christmas. Thank you very much, supposed loved ones). Last year I caughtmy mother-in-law reading that blasted Anne Coulter book, so I had to remedy that somehow. Al is a smartass, and a persistent one at that. As he says, we'll just beat the liars by being truthful, smarter and better looking.

Damn, this fever is giving me the shakes. Quick, sahib, bring me more Quinine.

POLITICAL RANT: I will go to my grave denying the legitimacy of the Bush presidency. The constitution was raped by Scalia, Thomas, and the other gangbangers on the Supreme Court. The American people were raped, and I do not think we should lie back and enjoy it. I will not get over it, it is not ancient history. [I am done ranting]

Restaurant Review: Went to the Twisted Branch Tea Shop for lunch on friday. There were other little kids there to run around with my beloved boogermaker Margot. I could drink Roibos tea everyday.

Here's our dillemma for the next few weeks (aside from finding a babysitter for Wednesday or finishing my dissertation first draft by Feb. 1) - Baby Names for the new baby due on Mar. 25 - My wife poopooed all of my suggestions: Girl names: Mattingly, Sherbrooke, Melanie, Lucyanne. Boys: Abdelrahman, Jaroslav, Deaghlan. Any suggestions? email me

Annoying People of the Week:

1) Fat Luis in the kitchen. Not just lazy, but a drugdealer. And a mama's boy.

2) Chatty McChatChat at the bar tonight. Shut up, girl, please.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?