<$BlogRSDUrl$>

8.29.2004

I Could Look At Ming Tsai All Day

The above is a quote from my wife's aunt when my mother-in-law told her we were eating dinner on Wednesday night at Blue Ginger. It was kinda neat. I had been hinting at eating dinner there for years. The wife and I split the mussells appetizer. For the entree I had a chili tea infused porkloin; wifey had the polenta and vegetable napoleon. I want to be a chef - pile stuff on top of each other and call it a napoleon. The mother in law had lamb with tabouleh and the fatherinlaw had Butterfish. My pork chops were overcooked (I requested medium, they were closer to medium-well-to-well,o well). It was might tasty, but I wouldn't necessarily call it the best dining experience of my life. I have eaten just as well, and for cheaper in other places. Jarman's Gap in Crozet and the Mill Room at Boar's Head Inn, for example. It was nice, and I will be back, but it was lacking in something. I did have a saketini, which was awesome. If the inlaws weren't around I could have easily had two or seven more. I do believe that sake has contributed to the conception of my first lovely daughter. (Evil combination: Sake + Alison Krauss Concert = unexpected baby!)


Oh yeah, nevsky, we did see Ming Tsai in the dining room he was chatting up the guests a la Rocco, but he did not come to our table. Good, I hate smoozing and acting impressed and trying not to say something dumb. He looked like he had plastic surgery, either that or he's well preserved in Asian spices (done with French techniques!) He was also busy garnishing plates - the life of a Public Television celebrity never ends.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?