<$BlogRSDUrl$>

8.30.2004

NO MORE YEARS
As a native New Yorker, I am delighted with the reception that is being given the dotards at the Republican National Convention. It is only reiterating the obvious when I assert that the GOP is exploiting the tragedy of 9/11. If I was anywhere near the city I would be one of the hundreds of thousands on the street telling the delegates to get the fuck out of Dodge. If you haven't read the 9/11 commission report by now, then you ain't a good American. GW and DICK did absoulety nothing to prevent the attacks, not that they could have, but some effort would have been appreciated. DICK was the anti-terrorism tsar who held NO meetings for months before the terrible day. SHRUB was on the longest presidential vacation in history. How come Montanans get more per capita in battling terrrorism than New Yorkers? It goes without saying, but get the fuck out of NY.

I forget if it was in Salon or even on AOLnews, but i read one quote from a stupid delegate from Texas who said that he did not see any protesters, but only a "Bunch of queers who were trying to get married."

My silly inlaws were over last night for BBQ and they dropped over a sofa and bookshelf for the basement. Have to admit that it looks nice down there. As my wife said, they look better on the shelf than in a stack on the floor. True Dat. Anyway, over dinner my brotherinlaw and fatherinlaw were talking (again) about the new AT&T sales rep who is apparently a little flamboyant. Sometimes those two are extremely provincial. You would think the guy had antennae and a third eye the way they were talking about him. I don't know, but I don't think that anyone's (still alleged) sexuality is (a) not an issue for anyone's discussion; and (b) not important. Who the fuck cares if he's gay. My brother in law is a boy scout leader and a practicing Catholic - he should be used to homosexuals by now!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?