<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.23.2004

Cat Stevens is a Douche
Yusuf Islam, nee Cat Stevens, nee something else, is a douche. He is a douche not because he is a convert to Islam. Heck, when I was in Turkmenia I became awful close to being a convert to Islam (couldn't get over my damn atheism, though). He is a douche because he rejoindered the Ayatollah Khomeini's fatwa against Salman Rushdie. Cat Stevens is a holier-than-thou Muslim who has aligned himself with bad elements (the blind sheikh, Hamas). I'm not sure I even want him flying into the US myself!

When John Walker Lindh was training in Yemen, they had a nickname for him: Yusuf Islam. They both have the know-it-all attitude of the convert - the same problem affecting all the damn born-again Christians in the states - that they represent the true path, etc. Cat Stevens is a joke, and a discredit to what I consider a great religious tradition.

BTW: the soundtrack to Harold and Maude still rocks, though!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?