<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.22.2004

Developmental Hurdles of a Two Year Old
My poor two year old daughter has been having some developmental issues. She is already seeing a speech therapist for her language problems. She sometimes will throw fits when no one understands her. It can be frustrating for all involved. I feel sorry for her. She has started going to a play group for children with developmental problems, and I can recognize some of the problem signs in her. She seems to be in a world of her own sometimes. She's not as bad as an autistic child, but there are definitely some areas that need help. When I saw her in the play group the first time I teared up, because I am such a sentimental sap. As her father, I want to be able to alleviate any problem she may have, but I know that I am really do not have the proper training to help her with this. From listening to my mother, I know that I went through many of the same problems as a child - especially with communication and frustration. I even feel these same problems manifesting themselves in my adult life. I hope we can nip this in the bud early, because there were times in my childhood when I was a real head case. I don't wish that on my daughter, especially considering that I adore her in every conceivable way.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?