<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.29.2004

Electric Babies
Margot, the two-year old, decided to unscrew the lightbulb out of her lamp and stick her finger in the light socket. She did this while she was suppossed to be napping. She starts screaming, I come running upstairs, she's sobbing and the lamp is lying on the floor. She's doing all right, but she was scared shitless. I held her for a few minutes and she calmed down. Just saying the word 'light' in front of her all day yesterday was enough to send her into hysterics.

We have warned her that snakes live in the plug sockets and will bite her if she touches them. I guess she needed to find out for herself. Today she told the speech therapist: "Snake hurt dodo finger (Snake hurt my finger, she calls herself Dodo). I'm amazed that with everything she has done - fallen down the stairs repeteadly, gotten her head stuck in a banister, pouring hot coffee down her shirt, jumping off of her tricycle, leaping off of chairs - that she hasn't killed herself yet. I do feel, however, that her IQ must drop ten points each time she bangs her head. I just hope nobody from social services takes her away because of all the bruises. It's hard to explain to strangers that you have a klutzy daughter.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?