<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.02.2004

Just got done watching Gus Van Sandt's "Elephant." I think my wife is cheesed at me for renting it, she tries to avoide disturbing images, not that I blame her. I thought it was an excellent and thought-provoking film. It reminded me so much of my miserable suburban New York high school experience. I remember watching the Columbine shootings in a bar and just sympathizing (or empathizing) with the shooters a little too much for my comfort. There were a lot of assholes in my high school. But, luckily, I - along with the overwhelming majority of other miserable high school fucks who harboured resentment, anger and hate towards their classmates - had enough common sense not to shoot them. The character Michelle reminded me of many girls I knew in high school, and I was really distraught that she was shot (of course, going into the film the viewer should realize that almost all of the characters will eventually be shot). I remember my friend told me that watching Heather Matarazzo in "Welcome to the Dollhouse" really disturbed her cause she saw her middle school experience mirrored in that film. I should just homeschool my kids.

Awful movie note: Last night we watched "Once Upon a Time in Mexico," (Netflix is awesome, even though they do not have the new Jean Renoir box set by Criterion). Incomprehensible dreck. It goes onto our list of worst movies ever (both my wife and I have to despise the movie). Our list now includes: "Songcatcher," "Big Fish" and "Once Upon a Time in Mexico."

I finally saw Kill Bill and almost creamed myself. The sword fight between Lucy Liu and Uma was unfuckingbelievable.

POOP NEWS: Lucienne, at 5 1/2 months, last night made her first solid bowel movement. Unfortunately, it was in the bathtub during bathtime. My wife called me upstairs from folding the laundry to admire it. It was a beaut - long and skinny and not smushed up in a diaper like Margot's stinkies. I only dropped it once on the way to depositing it to the bowl. (Yes, I used tp to pick it up, Geez. And thank heavens for Clorox wipes, otherwise the EPA would shut down my house for E Coli infestations. Anyone want to visit?)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?