<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.05.2004

Unemployment Stinks
I just got my unemployment claim denied by the gracious and caring state of Virginia. They claim that I did not explore all possibilities before moving to Massachussetts and voluntarily leaving my job. What, was I suppossed to let my wife move up here by herself with the two kids? What choads. I don't even think it is worth appealing for 170 dollars a week. I have worked nonstop in Virginia for ten years, and have had my unemployment insurance paid on my behalf the whole time. I have been looking for work in my field for three monthes now, and it will probably be another three before I find something decent. I do not want to go back to restaurant work, period. The job opportunities for Slavic Folklorists is sort of non-existent at the moment. Luckily the lovely wife just started a very well-paid job, so the money isn't the issue. I just want to be counted as unemployed! Now I won't even be counted in the official tally. Score one for Cheney.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?