<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.22.2004

Damn Yankees

It is pretty disheartening to be a Yankee fan living in Boston, as I have previously whined about in this, and other, places. Boston fans are, as a rule, insufferable. Now this annoying trait is amplified countless times by a) the Boston Beaneaters beating the Yankees in a humiliating and unprecedented fashion; and b) there being a Deadly World Series being held in Boston this week. I don't know who to be more angry with, those stupid Boston cops who shot that poor girl with the pepperspray bullet (killing her!) or the dumb chowdahead fans who were rioting in the streets celebrating the win. All I know is, I won't be taking my kids to Fenway Park anytime soon.

The fiberglass dinosaur in front of the Discovery Museum I take my daughters to had a Boston Red Sox hat and a "Believe" banner hanging from it. It's inescapable.

In all of the businesses in which I have worked, if I screwed up, I would have to offer either a discount or a refund to the customer. Or I would take as many tries to rectify the situation. Your steak is overdone and burnt? Let me make you a new one and eat the cost. You don't like your Guiness, even though you have never had one before and wouldn't know a good beer from septic water? It's on the house. You thought a Filet Mignon was a fish? Let me make you something else. (All true stories, btw). So how come when the Yankees fuck up royally they don't give back parts of their salary? That asshole Kevin Brown should give back all of his salary and then some! What about all of us Yankee fans who have shelled out mucho money for tickets, hats, jerseys, banners, yankee tattoos, etc. fully expecting a World Series rings. I want my discount coupon in the mail tomorrow.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?