<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.14.2004

A Stranger in a Strange Land
I am a Yankee fan living in Red Sox Nation. I have never lived anywhere where I feel less welcome. I am more homesick than when I was halfway around the globe eating potatoes and mushrooms for breakfast and mangling the Russian language in unique and interesting ways. The radio and tv airwaves are filled with chowdahedz talking shit about the Yankees. The only solace I can take is that the Yankees are most likely to win the series against the Sox.

My wife and I are raising our children Yankee fans. Any Red Sox crap that makes it way into my house will be wipe on my ass. My wife got to choose our kids religion, to my dismay, so I at least get to make the Baseball affiliation choice. When the girls are old enough, they can choose on their own (both religion and baseball, which is one and the same to me).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?