<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11.01.2004

Kids Are Funny

I was once one of those single guys who would bash fatherhood and the sappy kind of guys who would tell cute stories about their kids. Funny how detox and parenthood can turn me into a dirtier version of Bill Keane.

Having a two-year old is fun, because you can see character traits develop right before your eyes and you have some limited power over developing these nascent tendencies.

Last week Margot came running up to me holding up her hands shouting "My Doo! My Doo! My Doo!" Needles to say, there was fecal matter smeared on her fingers. She was quite upset. "Why'd you stick your hand in your diaper?" I asked. "I dunno."

Two days ago Margot got up out of the car kart at the grocery store and ran over to the cake display shouting "Biffday cake, biffday cake!" The cake she was pointing at had a Red Sox logo on it, some World Series crap or whatever! I said, "No way." Recognizing the logo, Margot then said "Baseball! Yucky Stinky" and started to make the universal sign for stanky ass. She was so proud of herself, as was I.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?