<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11.30.2004

Sideways Downways Upside Down
Over the weekend the lovely wife and I, along with about two hundred old people, went to see Alexander Payne's new film Sideways. I think it was the first time we made it to the theater since Lucie was born in March. Couldn't have picked a better film. (of course, Christine thought it was just okay, but it was more my taste: depressing and funny at the same time).

Loved It! I love wine. I love Paul Giamatti. I love depressing losers and failed writers. I love full frontal nudity. This flick had them all. And it had the delightful Sandra Oh, who I have liked Oh-so-many years (look out shalit!) since I saw the Canadian film "Double Happiness" (seek it out).

I was reminded of going out with my friend Disco and Shane, two first-class pussyhounds, who let me tag along while we tried to talk up every girl in Charlottesville. They always ended up getting their dingdongs slick, some stanky on their hangdowns, whenever we went out. How I admired them: their pregnancy scares, the chancres on their weewees, the easily procured ecstasy, hitting on my girlfriend, group gropes in the back of Orbit (Willem Dafoe in that Hogan's Hero Movie: "It was a group grope, man, anything goes. I'm not a gay."), ever-more-powerful prescriptions of antibiotics and salves, passing drunk girls around like joints. Oh, there was a character in this movie that reminded me of them.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?